Setting the bar as the global best-seller for ski mountaineering training and racing boots, the Alien 1.0 represents the best blend of durability, functionality and weight savings. The hand-laid carbon fiber cuff is super stiff and crazy light, while the Carbon Grilamid® LFT shell increases durability with minimal weight gain overhand laid carbon fiber. The Speed Lock Lite ski-walk mechanism is integrated with the cuff closure via a Dyneema® cord, for quick, single-action transitions. The floating BOA® closure system ensures quick, easy and durable fit tensioning, and is protected by a reinforced gaiter that keeps snow out. The Vibram outsole ensures traction on the snow for mandatory boot pack sections, while Qick Step-In fittings make clicking a breeze. If skimo racing is your passion, maximize your potential with the Alien 1.0.
Liner: SCARPA® BT (Intuition)
Outsole: Vibram® UFO
Shell: Carbon Grilamid® LFT
Forward lean: 9º & 13º
Range of motion: 75º
Ski/walk mode: Speed Lock Lite
Closure: Cord+ BOA® Fit System
Binding system: TLT
Optimized touring pivot: 7mm
- Carbon Fiber Cuff: Hand laid carbon fiber cuff for the ultimate in lightweight rigidity, with Pebax overlapping front panels for a contoured closure
- Carbon Grilamid® LFT: shell & cuff are made of CG-LFT, a carbon-reinforced polymer that is super-light but still stiff and strong
- Speed Lock Lite: Simple and secure, with 4 forward lean positions, the Speed Lock Lite ski-walk mechanism is strong and reliable on the downhill and fast on the transitions due to a single action Dyneema® cord that closes the cuff.
- BOA® Fit System: Dial in the perfect fit with our exclusive floating BOA® Fit System closure, providing precise and secure adjustments with no pressure points
- Vibram® UFO Sole: Made with TOP85 compound that offers great durability and grip in cold conditions