Position Title: Boot Fitter
Reports To: Retail Manager
We are looking for a passionate outdoor enthusiast to join our team at Neptune Mountaineering as a bootfitter. Experience in custom fitting ski boots, footbed fabrication, and sharing your knowledge skiing/mountaineering is a must. Our boot fitters work in a fast-paced environment where a positive attitude and professionalism are key to your success on our team. We offer competitive pay, spiffs, deals on gear and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive and knowledgeable team. If working at Colorado’s premier ski/mountaineering shop sounds like a good fit for you send us your resume and cover letter.
To provide exceptional boot fitting services to all Neptune Mountaineering customers.
- Provide exceptional boot fitting services, including custom footbed fabrication methods, boot shell modifications, liner modifications and stance alignment knowledge
- Develop successful sales techniques and provide exceptional customer service
- Work with supervisor to maintain store presentation standards
- Conscientious inventory control
- Merchandise new product, restock current merchandise
- Handle customer returns, vendor warranties, and damaged merchandise
- Provide information for Neptune Guests
- Maintain cleanliness of store
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Extensive knowledge of boot fitting techniques, the ski industry and Neptune Mountaineering
- Basic knowledge of retail operations
- Outgoing personality and desire to educate and work with customers on all things ski and mountaineering related.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, bend over, stoop and crawl
- Must be able to work with your hands
- Job requires a flexible schedule including weekends, nights and holidays
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Retail experience required
- Previous bootfitting required
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.