Position Title: Bootfitter
We're looking for avid outdoor enthusiasts - backcountry skiers, ice hunters and alpinists for Bootfitter positions at the most legendary store in Boulder, Colorado (maybe the world). Experience in custom footbeds, modifying boot shells, and molding inserts is important and experience with AT boots if preferred. Beyond technical knowledge of the gear we sell and service, it’s equally important that our team members deliver exceptional customer. If you enjoy sharing your winter-sport knowledge and would love helping customers get geared up for all the amazing mountain activities that our area provides, then you’re our ideal candidate. The pay is typical for retail positions and is competitive in our market, the additional perks for working in the outdoor industry are significant, and the rewards and experience gained by working in one of the most well-renowned mountaineering shops in the world is priceless.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engages in positive interactions with all levels and types of customers, tailoring the sales approach to find the right product and the right solutions for that customer.
- Properly identify customer’s need, have general understanding of basic foot identification and measurements (length, width, overall shape, size, etc.)
- Responsible for assisting customers with boot selection, proper fit, stance, balancing, alignment and custom foot beds.
- Helps customers with special orders, shop work intake and sales, rentals, repair options and warranty returns.
- Provides customers with accurate and appropriate product and service information, including ski shop and rental needs, both in store and over the phone.
- Works at the cash register to complete sales transactions and handle returns and general questions.
- Ensures that all forms and tickets are accurately and completely filled out and then filed appropriately.
- Helps maintain a clean, well merchandised sales floor, including re-stocking, fluffing/tucking the apparel, dusting, vacuuming and other general cleaning duties at opening and closing
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Two years of hands on boot fitting experience and Masterfit footbed experience
- Retail sales experience, preferably in an outdoor or sporting goods store
- Friendly and outgoing, comfortable yet professional in their communication style with customers
- Enjoys learning about gear and the latest technologies in the realm of both equipment and apparel
- Personally passionate about their own outdoor pursuits
Interested applicants should apply today at email@example.com! Send us your resume and cover letter with pay requirements.