E-Commerce Specialist // Neptune Mountaineering
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The E-Commerce Specialist will be responsible for overseeing our digital retail presence by managing our website and online shopping platform. They will work closely with the Marketing Director to best represent our brand and hand-picked product selection. They will create an online shopping experience that matches our brick & mortar business.
WHO WE ARE
Neptune Mountaineering is an outdoor specialty retail store dedicated to welcoming all. We are owned, managed, and staffed by people inspired by the outdoors.
We serve our guests by understanding their needs and utilizing our expertise to provide the highest quality equipment to heighten their experience in the outdoors.
Welcome All - Always Learn - Cultivate Community
Inspire Environmental Stewardship - Enrich Lives
We Sell Fun
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage entire catalog of products on the website. Manage product integration from point-of-sale system into e-commerce platform. Including compiling appropriate and accurate product specifications, features, and imagery from vendors seasonally and updating legacy products as needed. Regularly audit and QA’s our product and category webpages.
- Assist in the development of short and long-term e-commerce business strategies and growth. Work with all involved departments (leadership, buying, operations, sales, and marketing) to further develop and enhance internet sales related procedures and systems.
- Oversee entire internet sales orders process from start to finish. Ensure orders are processed and shipped within designated time frames.
- Build, monitor, and share website and e-commerce related reports, metrics, and trends.
- Assist in developing and executing SEO strategies, best practices, and optimization.
- Coordinate with third party applications integrated in our point-of-sale and e-commerce platforms - including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, implementing upgrades, and ensuring continued compatibility. Work with Rental Manager to monitor integration and functionality of 3rd party rental software on website.
- Manage email inquiries from firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide excellent customer service in all digital and phone communication. Process e-commerce related returns and exchanges as necessary.
- Assist the marketing team with the execution of website related marketing efforts including product specials, promotional events, blog posts, event pages, educational content, branding, and more.
- Other duties as needed to support our e-commerce strategies and goals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Required Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Enjoy working with and for a team while taking initiative and direction.
- Comfortable with and welcoming of feedback.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Problem solver with strong researching skills.
- A desire to learn and expand skill sets and knowledge of specialty retail and e-commerce business.
- Must be able to report and work in-person at Boulder, CO office. Limited remote work possible.
Required Professional Skills
- Strong Experience with Excel and data management.
- Familiarity and comfort with web design.
- Ability to develop start to finish systems and procedures.
- Ability to understand historical and current trends in the outdoor and retail industries.
Preferred Professional and Personal Experience & Skills
- Experience building and managing an e-commerce business.
- Experience with Shopify platform.
- Prior experience in retail (ideally in the outdoor industry).
- Interest & participation in outdoor sports & activities as well as local area knowledge.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Pay Range: $22 to $27 per hour depending on experience.
- Performance and project based bonuses.
- Exclusive employee pricing and discounts on a variety of outdoor equipment.
- Access to rental equipment at Neptune Mountaineering.
- “Pay-to-Play” product testing incentives and rewards.
- Full time employees eligible for Group Health Insurance with subsidy
- Access to local indoor climbing gym.
- Paid Vacation and Profit Sharing after 2 years of full time employment.