The Neptune Café located inside Boulder’s iconic locally owned outdoor store, Neptune Mountaineering, has an opening for Lead Barista. This role leads a small team, coordinates with vendors to procure the necessary supplies for the café and ensures that the daily operations of the café run smoothly. The lead barista makes sure that our customers feel welcomed and return time again for the excellent coffee, food, service and ambience our café offers.
- Overseeing day-to-day running of the café
- Providing consistent quality in the preparation of drinks, brewing of coffee and food preparation
- Training and supervising café staff
- Safely handles food and hot beverages; ensures all baristas adhere to food health and safety regulations
- Ensures that the café is adequately stocked with necessary supplies; coordinates with vendors/suppliers to place orders and have goods delivered in a timely manner
- Engages customers with warmth and attentiveness; familiarizes customers with our coffee drink menu by explaining and answering questions
- Maintaining the appearance, cleanliness, and organization of the café
- Tallies and reports tips earned to accounting on a [weekly] basis
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least one-year previous experience working in a barista role with cash handling, responsibility in the food and hospitality or equivalent related experience
- Has experience ordering supplies and tracking inventory
- Carries themselves in a friendly, energetic, personable manner and has a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first and quality-focused attitude
- Should be agile and able to perform various physical tasks during a work shift; able to lift or move items up to 40 lbs
- Must be professional and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Is extremely reliable and punctual
- Being active in any of the outdoor pursuits that Neptune represents would be a plus, though not required.
This is a full-time hourly position that will require opening, closing and weekend availability. The pay range is $13.50-14.50/hour plus tips. When eligible for benefits they include health insurance, dental/vision, short-term disability, PTO and paid holidays, 401K with employer match, access to pro deals and discounts on outdoor gear and a fun and relaxed workplace.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org