One of the most respected independent outdoor stores in the country, Neptune Mountaineering based in Boulder, CO, has an excellent opportunity available for a marketing manager.
We’re looking for a collaborative leader who would be excited to work within a small but passionate, outdoor-focused team. This role is responsible for a wide variety of marketing initiatives including creating the marketing strategic plans and budgets, but it is also a hands-on role as the person in it will also be implementing most of the creative side of those plans.
For this reason, a marketing professional with creative and copywriting abilities coupled with the skills of a deadline driven project manager would be our ideal candidate. They’ll be in charge of our weekly email campaigns, the website content - including the blog content - print and social media advertising, in-store promotional events and the collateral creation needed for those events and our annual print catalog.
If people describe you as a self-starter with a can-do attitude, someone who is fanatically organized, a great communicator, compulsive about the details and being excellent in all you undertake, then you perfectly fit the characteristics we’re looking for and we can’t wait to meet you.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of all marketing campaigns and ensure our messaging, promotional materials and collateral are on-brand, compelling and effective.
- In coordination with ownership develop the annual strategic marketing plan and budget.
- Owns and drives the promotional calendar.
- Work closely with the general manager, store manager, buyers and e-commerce team to align on the promotional initiatives. Ensure that they are providing input and assets and prepared for and aware of upcoming marketing campaigns.
- Manage the advertising calendar and ensure deadlines are met and our spend is within budget
- Manage all email campaigns, track performance, and optimize our email send lists and cadence based on customer history and profiles.
- Directs the creation of content for the blog and web landing and collection pages; works closely with e-comm team and external contractors to improve the user-interface and visuals of the website, optimize keyword campaigns and SEO and other initiatives to drive e-commerce.
- Create Facebook and Instagram posts and ads on a regular schedule and that align with seasonal sales promotions, builds our brand and engages our audience, and to participate with non-profit and vendor campaigns, etc.
- Responsible for the creation of the annual winter catalog, brochures, postcards and other print pieces needed to promote and drive traffic to the brick & mortar store
- Supports both brick & mortar and e-commerce sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of marketing leadership experience
- A proven track record of developing successful marketing campaign initiatives across multiple channels for consumer lifestyle products
- Excellent copywriting skills; ability to consistently convey the brand ‘voice’ creatively and authentically in all communications
- Must possess a high level of personal initiative and the ability to work independently; a candidate with an entrepreneurial nature would be highly attractive
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; must be highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Strong background in creating successful email marketing campaigns utilizing segmentation, as well as analytics using platforms such as Mail Chimp, Klaviyo or similar.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify or similar; basic skills in HTML/CSS would be a bonus
- Solid experience with digital marketing tools such as Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics; knowledge and experience with Google AdWords and SEO would be a plus
- Fluent user of Adobe Creative Cloud apps especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and proficient in all MS Office apps.
- Previous experience in retail marketing and/or e-commerce marketing is highly desirable
- Being an active user of the kinds of outdoor gear we sell would be extremely valuable
Salary is commensurate with experience, with the range being $53,000 to $65,000 for this position. When eligible for benefits they include health insurance, dental/vision, short-term disability, PTO and paid holidays, 401K with employer match, access to pro deals and discounts on gear and a fun, relaxed and dog-friendly workplace. This position can work remotely but will also need to spend periods at the office each week.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.