Order an AIARE Backcountry Decision-Making Guide field book to record your observations. The BCA Snow Study Kit is a lightweight, compact carrying case contains all of Backcountry Access’s essential tools for understanding snow science. Includes:
- Slope Meter - Measures the slope angle and use the compass for the slope aspect. Angle range: 0° – 60°.
- Polycarbonate Crystal Card - Includes metric grid, 2mm grid, and beveled edge (6” x 4″).
- Analog Thermometer - Measures the temperature gradient of your snowpack
- 15x Magnifying Loupe - With closed sides for wind protection.
- ECT Cord - Two-meter cord to cut through snow and crust for extended column tests
*Many avalanche courses require their students to bring their own snow study tools. By understanding the changing states of snow, you will be more so prepared for an avalanche and can prevent an accident before it happens. The more reliable data you collect, the more reliable your decision-making will be. The BCA Snow Study Kit was carefully designed in conjunction with North America’s most experienced avalanche educators to create a product with all of the necessary snow safety tools.