52 Great Hikes for Families
Colorado families have access to thousands of miles of stunning trails spanning 41 state parks, two national grasslands, four national parks, eight national monuments, 11 national forests, and 14ers galore. Better still, Colorado’s backcountry was made for youth. From dinosaur-themed day hikes and cliff dwellings to elk crossings, beaver dams, and secret waterfalls, the state’s expansive trail network is a natural playground and classroom for kids of all ages. Hiking with Kids Colorado guides parents to 52 of the best hikes to take with kids in the state, walkable for all—toddlers to teens.
- Detailed hike descriptions for every week of the year
- Easy-to-follow maps for every route
- Information on restrooms, stroller compatibility, and trail users.
- Color photos to help your kids see themselves on the trail
- Tips on cool scavenger hunt ideas, animal identification, bird calls, and fun facts to keep young hikers engaged every step of the way.