The Enan is modeled after the award-winning, best-selling Akto, with the goal of making a three-season version that was as light as possible while still having the strength required from a Hilleberg tent. The Enan features a proven single pole design with a single-ended full pole sleeve system, as well as reduced weight with Kerlon 1000 in the outer tent and a very light inner tent fabric. At the same time, it features a 9 mm DAC NSL pole the Akto uses, because the weight savings of a smaller diameter pole is quite negligible, while the loss in strength is significant. As with other Yellow Label tents, the Enan’s venting system is built into its construction: a full mesh inner tent door, in combination with outer tent head and foot ends of tough mesh both allows and encourages constant air flow. For very windy and rainy conditions, Kerlon 1000 fabric panels can be rolled down and secured to cover the outer tent’s mesh ends. When not in use, these panels roll up and stuff into integrated pockets. During development, Hilleberg testers used the Enan for everything from adventure travel in Southeast Asia, to backpacking trips in Europe and the US. All praised how easy it was to pitch, its roominess and its comfort, and all were quite impressed with its strength – and, of course, with its very pleasing light weight!
Minimum Weight: 960 g/2 lbs 2 oz
Packed Weight: 1.2 kg/2 lbs 10 oz
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1000
Poles (9 mm):
1 x 293 cm
1 x 115.4 in
Peg: 8 Y-Peg UL
"Minimum Weight" refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. "Packed Weight" includes all items that come with the tent.
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a very lightweight yet strong tent.
- 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Single pole construction offers excellent space to weight ratio and is an outstanding choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear. Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Basic pitching requires six pegs: two in the corners of both the head foot ends, and one each in the head and foot end guy lines.
- The simple, single-opening, continuous pole sleeve and tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- The single entrance/single vestibule configuration affords easy access as well as storage space.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately.
- Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders (see accessories).