THE NIAK expands on the concept of very lightweight yet remarkably strong three-season tents that was introduced with our one-person Enan. Ideal for two people who want to go as light as possible, the Niak is also a veritable lightweight palace for one person. Its dimensions accommodate two people, but its single door and lengthwise vestibule make it somewhat less comfortable than other two person models, so the Niak is especially good for a parent and a child, or for one person and a dog. It is also the perfect three-season solo tent when you want to be as comfortable as possible at a low weight. As with other Yellow Label models, the Niak’s outer tent is made from our lightest weight Kerlon 1000, and it is supported by the same DAC NSL 9 mm poles used in our Red and other Yellow Label models. Its simple, two pole design – inspired by our Red Label Unna solo tent – is quick to pitch and very stable, and the single vestibule can be completely rolled away to maximize air flow through the full mesh inner tent door. In addition, catenary curves along the bottom edges of the outer tent create space that both allows for constant air flow and also ensures that the outer tent is stretched properly for optimal performance. Prior to its introduction, the Niak went through well over 250 backcountry nights of use, in all types of weather, in Scandinavia and the US, as well as in the Alps and in Scotland. Two person users appreciated its light weight, and solo users loved that it offered such roomy luxury at such a surprisingly low weight. All proclaimed it as an outstanding choice for any summer or warm weather trip.
Minimum Weight: 1.5 kg/3 lbs 5 oz
Packed Weight: 1.7 kg/3 lbs 12 oz
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1000
Poles (9 mm):
2 x 370 cm
2 x 145.7 in
Pegs: 10 Y-Peg UL
"Minimum Weight" refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. "Packed Weight" includes all items that come with the tent.
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a very lightweight yet strong tent.
- 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibule to be pegged, and the simple full sleeve and tensioner pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- The Niak has room enough for two plus gear, and is also a spacious mansion for one.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- The single entrance/single vestibule configuration affords easy access as well as storage space.
- An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately.
- Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders (see accessories).