The lightest all-round 12-point hybrid steel crampon going.The lightest all-round 12-point hybrid steel crampon going.
Vinschgau, Pustertal or Sella, Langental or Sottoguda – the Dolomites are a vertical winter playground... The Salewa Alpinist Combi is a versatile, robust stainless steel hybrid crampon for technical ice climbing, mixed routes and general mountaineering. Its carbon steel, 3D section frame construction has a strong and light clip design and a front basket to accommodate boots without a toe welt. The horizontal front points provide reliable purchase and load transfer on waterfall ice and horizontal rock edges. The overall geometry and semi-aggressive secondary points are engineered to provide a better grip on ice and in snow, while the extra mid-foot spikes offer additional security on verglas ridges and ice rime. In addition to the strong and light design, what really sets this semi-automatic crampon apart are its unique length-adjustable straps – no more loose ends. They significantly reduce the risk of stumbling. The flexing studded anti-balling plates, which seal the entire under surface minimize snow build-up. The low-profile heel bail ensures a secure fit, while the micro-adjust wheel is still simple to operate when gloved up. With no tools required, it’s also quick and easy to adjust in the field.
Moutaineering boot size: 235 - 330 mm, Mondopoint
Weight: 830 g
- Length-adjustable straps
- Minimized snow buildup thanks to flexing anti-balling plates which seal entire undersurface. Exchangeable
- Point geometry engineered to feature safe grip and effortless forward moving with ergonomic roll-off
- Horizontal front points
- Mid-foot extra spikes and spiked anti-balling plates for safe grip on ice ridges
- 3D section frame to provide sublime stiffness while remaining lightweight
- Size adjustment without any tools
- Adjustment wheel easy to use also with gloves on