The Backpacker magazine Editors' Choice award was bestowed upon the X-Pot™ in 2015 for its innovation, space-saving capability and functionality features. The real beauty of X-Cookware is its ability to collapse and nest neatly with other pieces in the series into a small disc that can easily slide into a backpack, canoe bag or camping box.
Can the X Pot...?
- Be used with a two-burner camp stove? Yes. The key is to keep the flame pattern of the burner inside the ring printed on the base of the pot (and keep the heat lower – the bases conduct heat really well).
- Be used with an induction stove? No. The X-Pot alloy base is not magnetic, so induction stoves won’t work. Caution is needed with high output radiant home/van stoves – the X-Pot can quickly boil dry if not watched.
- Be used on Domestic Stoves? Domestic stoves have a much higher output than backpacking stoves. If X-Cookware is used with a home stove, the flame setting should be kept low, and care should be taken to ensure that the pot does not boil dry.
- Be washed in a dishwasher? No. The caustic cleanser will damage the anodization. Read more about do’s and don’ts on our blog HERE
What type of pot should I choose?
Size Guide1.4 liter: Just you
2.8 liter: Two to Three people
Best UseThe compactness of the X-Cookware (with X-Bowls, X-Mugs, an X-Kettle and an X-Brew nested inside) is unrivaled and is great for backpacking or bicycle/motorcycle touring.
- BPA free, heat resistant silicone – built to EU food-grade standards
- Hard anodized 6063-T6 aluminum base conducts heat really well for outdoor gourmet cooking
- Durable translucent strainer lid
- Stainless steel ring embedded in the rim provides stability
Until now, your camp cooking pot was the most bulky, awkward item in your kit. The Sea to Summit X-Pots change all that. Our X-Pot is a fully featured cooking pot that combines the heat-distribution of aluminum with the flexibility of silicone. The hard anodized aluminum base offers a fast boil time and the stainless steel ring embedded in the rim lends a rigidity to the silicone walls for easy lifting and stirring.