Ever since Todd Skinner explored Moon Hill in the ’80s, American climbers have always been curious about the mythical limestone in the far-off land of Yangshuo. Climbers would return with tales of fantastic limestone across a surreal landscape of karst towers. Newly available in the US, Yangshuo Rock helps shed some light on this remarkable destination. This guidebook is indispensable for anyone that has dreamed of traveling to this other-worldly location.
- More than 2000 full-color photographs and 12 detailed maps with helpful locator photos and hotspots.
- 43 crags with over 800 routes organized geographically into 10 areas, from 5.5 to 5.14d
- Complete weather and crag data allows you to get the most out of your time in Yangshuo.
- Travel information straight from the locals who live in Yangshuo.
- General information about 5 other regional climbing locations including Getu and LiMing.
- Chinese history and cultural introductions like folklore and ancestry as well as personal stories from many local climbers.
- Over 30 pages of text portraying the short yet vivid history of how rock climbing began and thrived in China, especially Yangshuo.