Floor associate @david.bittner.526 took to a local classic: Rock Climbing in Eldorado Canyon. Here's his report:
Last week Neptune Assistant Store Manager, Blair, and I went to Eldorado Canyon. We hiked the mile up the canyon to Rewritten on the Redgarden Wall. This was my first multi-pitch climb! I stashed my Black Diamond trekking poles, which made the approach easier and help save strength and energy for the climb. We geared up and after the first pitch, traversed left and adventure climbed a different route to the top to avoid a bottleneck on Rewritten.
The first pitch was a spicy 5.7 and the whole route was slashed with cracks from hand to shoulder size. The traverse was fun but sketchy due to all the wiggly widow makers on the ledges. The last pitch was probably 5.8 with some fun chimney type moves. I reached the final belay and climbed past to the summit ridge.
The downclimb and descent was quite icy and sketchier than the climb. It was a great experience fun intro to multi-pitch trad thanks to Blair's guidance and experience.
- I wore my new Wild Country Session harness, I love the all day comfort and soft catch. There are plenty of gear loops and the harness has a number of other slots and straps for a myriad of climbing tools.
- For shoes, I wore my trusty La Sportiva Mythos—perfect for hours on the wall.
- My Black Diamond Vision helmet was snug and barely noticed it was there. I definitely put a few dings in it and it still looks good.
- The Black Diamond Alpine Pro pants are perfect to wear with a harness. They're soft, breathable, and lightweight. I love the elastic to put the cuff up on my calf during climbing.
- I picked up three new Camp Orbit locking carabiners because they're light and easy to use with one hand.
- My Goodr sunglasses stayed on my face and make things pop nicely, they are durable and comfortable.
- Blair had all the Trad gear, wore La Sportiva TC Pros and a Black Diamond Vapor helmet.
#AlwaysLearn #rockymountains #climbing #neptunemountaineering #colorado #mountains #gear #advenure #staffadvenures #exploring #adventure #coloradolife #outdoors #frontrange #visitcolorado