One of the most legendary mountain shops in the world, Neptune Mountaineering has been getting people geared up for climbing, skiing, camping & hiking for over 45 years. Our staff members are passionate about the activities we represent in our store and their knowledge and expertise help us deliver an unsurpassed customer experience. The Neptune customer shops with us not only for our deep product knowledge and outstanding selection of the best outdoor gear, but because of our friendly and approachable attitude.
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for an Assistant Manager. This role is critical to shaping the customer experience and the overall success of the store. The Floor Manager not only supports management, but very importantly supports the sales associates in the day-to-day operations of the store. They possess outstanding customer service and sales skills coupled with a depth of knowledge of the products we offer. They are a key part of making Neptune a great place to shop and work.
Floor Manager Responsibilities:
- Perform and delegate all store opening and closing procedures when scheduled.
- Manages the sales team throughout the shift, ensuring that customers’ needs are met, meals and breaks are taken appropriately, and that the store is performing to expectations.
- Communicate effectively with the sales staff about sales goals, store promotions or initiatives, and other general information that supports the overall company objectives.
- Participates in hiring, training, coaching, and developing sales associates.
- Provides customers with accurate and appropriate product and service information, tailoring the sales approach to find the right product and the right solutions for that customer, including ski shop and rental needs.
- Serves as a model of what positive interactions with all levels and types of customers should look like; exemplifies the customer-centric, friendly and approachable salesperson that Neptune is renowned for.
- Ensures that the store is clean and well merchandised by doing or delegating duties such as re-stocking, fluffing/tucking the apparel, dusting and other general tidying is done throughout the workday.
- Works with the store manager, sales ops and the buyers to provide support for inventory control and provides product and customer feedback based on their front-line sales interactions.
- Supports the receiving of inventory and managing backstock, making sure newly arrived products are out on the floor and merchandized in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Works periods at the cash register as needed to complete sales transactions, handle returns and general questions.
- Researches transaction issues or errors and resolves customer needs or complaints when necessary
- Identifies and communicates any visual merchandising issues and opportunities and assists in implementing solutions; helps execute the seasonal floor set transition of the store.
- Participates in all clinics and company meetings.
- Supports management with any other duties as assigned
- Retail sales experience in a lead role, preferably in an outdoor or sporting goods store.
- Must possess excellent selling skills, with the ability to understand the customer’s needs and deliver outstanding customer service
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities and proven communication skills in order to direct and coach employees and at rare times to handle unhappy customer situations.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and to delegate
- Has a passion for the outdoor activities represented at Neptune and the gear needed for those activities; enjoys learning about the latest technologies in the realm of both equipment and apparel.
- Must be consistently reliable and punctual
- Experience with Retail Pro or similar POS system
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends