Neptune Mountaineering is looking for a part-time Barista for our cafe. If you are a talented barista with experience preparing custom coffee orders, serving a variety of food items and have a passion for customer service please apply. Climbers, skiers and outdoor enthusiasts are a plus. We will be serving Specialty Fair Trade Organic Women farmed coffees, high-end made to order food and a variety of alcohol. This is an hourly position that will require morning, night and weekend availability.
Compensation: $12-$14 hourly + tips
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engaging customers with warmth and attentiveness
- Provides consistent quality in the preparation of drinks and brewing of coffee
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions
- Maintain appearance, cleanliness, and organization of the café
- Sells and serves baked goods and food items to customers
- Restocks shelves, when necessary
- Regularly lift and/or move items up to 40 pounds
- Regularly handle food and hot beverages in a safe manner
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least one-year previous experience working in a barista role with cash handling, responsibility in the food and hospitality or equivalent related experience
- Carries themselves in a friendly, energetic, personable manner and has a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first and quality-focused mentality
- Should be agile and professional and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Is able to work well under stress, and be able to multitask effectively without compromising quality
- Is agile and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Is an excellent communicator, relating well to customers
- Is extremely reliable and punctual
- Has the ability to perform various physical tasks during the work shift
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their answers to the following questions to be considered:
- What's your favorite coffee beverage and how do you take it?
- What is your connection to the gear sold at Neptune?