The Choucas Light is an ultralight harness designed for ski mountaineering. Weighing just 84g, it is one of the lightest and most compact harness on the market.
Its simple and minimalist design ensures comfort and practicality: it has two gear loops and ice screw keepers as well as a convenient and fast leg loops opening system allowing it to be put on even with skis or ice crampons on.
This ultralight, technical and comfortable harness is ideal for technical mountaineering and alpinism.
It is UIAA certified for ski mountaineering competitions. Mountaineer Andrzej Bargiel made history with this harness when he descended the K2 on skis.
|Dimensions Waist (cm)
|Dimensions Legs (cm)
- Can be put on/off with skis/crampons on
- Tying loops, with adjustable clip backup
- Independent leg loops opening system with secured aluminum buckles
- Two gear loops
- Two ice screw keepers
- How to choose the right size for you? The Choucas Light fits a little small. Also, it can be put over pants or under (with the tying loops left outside the pants). Please choose your size accordingly. In doubt or if your waist/legs dimensions are in between two sizes, we recommend you to choose the bigger size.
- Ideal for mountaineering, ski touring and ice climbing