Position Title: Sales Associate
For over 45 years Neptune Mountaineering has established the reputation of being one of the best mountain shops in the world. Our staff members are passionate about the activities we represent in our store and their knowledge and expertise help us deliver an unsurpassed customer experience. The Neptune customer appreciates and shops with us because of our deep product knowledge, our friendly and approachable attitude combined with the best selection of products for all kinds of outdoor pursuits.
Neptune Mountaineering is currently looking to fill a sales associate position. This role contributes to the success of the store by providing exceptional customer service to each client. He/she must possess a solid knowledge of climbing, backpacking, hiking, backcountry skiing and camping, as well as a familiarity with local areas to adventure. They must truly enjoy sharing their knowledge and take pride in helping customers get just the right gear for their adventures.
Specific responsibilities include:
Engages in positive interactions with all levels and types of customers, tailoring the sales approach to find the right product and the right solutions for that customer.
- Provides customers with accurate and appropriate product and service information, including ski shop and rental needs, both in store and over the phone.
- With customers, co-workers and managers, presents a friendly, upbeat and approachable demeanor at all times.
- Follows all directions given by the manager on duty concerning floor coverage to meet our sales and customer service goals.
- Works at the cash register to complete sales transactions and handle returns and general questions.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer needs.
- Helps customers with special orders, shop work intake and sales, rentals, repair options and warranty returns.
- Ensures that all forms and tickets are accurately and completely filled out and then filed appropriately.
- Helps maintain a clean, well merchandised sales floor, including re-stocking, fluffing/tucking the apparel, dusting, vacuuming and other general cleaning duties at opening and closing.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Retail sales experience, preferably in an outdoor or sporting goods store
- Some experience in visual merchandising
- Friendly and outgoing, comfortable yet professional in their communication style with customers
- Enjoys learning about gear and the latest technologies in the realm of both equipment and apparel
- Personally passionate about their own outdoor pursuits
Starting pay is $14/hour.
Interested applicants should apply today at email@example.com!