For over 45 years Neptune Mountaineering has established the reputation of being one of the best mountain shops in the world. Our staff members are passionate about the activities we represent in our store and their knowledge and expertise help us deliver an unsurpassed customer experience. The Neptune customer appreciates and shops with us because of our deep product knowledge, our friendly and approachable attitude combined with the best selection of products for all kinds of outdoor pursuits.
Neptune is currently looking to fill full and part-time shop techs. This role contributes to the success of the store by providing exceptional customer service to each client. He/she must possess a solid knowledge of repair, tuning, and mounting of backcountry skis and bindings, plus getting customers outfitted with our rental gear. They must truly enjoy sharing their knowledge and take pride in helping customers get just the right gear for their adventures and how best to take care of their new investment. Being able to answer questions about the places to get into the backcountry and the current conditions is useful for the role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves customers with shop work intake and pick-up, rentals, repair options and warranty issues and to answer customer questions regarding shop work or rentals.
- Performs quality ski tunes, waxes, mounts, adjustments and repairs. Tunes, adjustments and mounts are done within manufacturers specs and safety guidelines.
- Ensures that all shop tickets and rental paperwork are accurately and completely filled out and then filed appropriately.
- Adheres to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment.
- Helps maintain a clean and organized shop area. Alerts shop manager of low supplies or equipment maintenance needs.
- Engages in positive interactions with all levels and types of customers both in person or over the phone; provides accurate and appropriate information, tailoring the approach to find the right gear or services for each customer.
- May perform mounting and prep of new snow rental/demo equipment,
- Assists with in-season upkeep maintenance, safety checks, cleanliness and identification of the rental fleet.
- Participates in training clinics to meet safety requirements and standards
- Supports shop operations with any other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years ski shop experience which includes:
- Repairing and tuning skis
- Mounting backcountry and Nordic bindings
- Renting a variety of winter equipment including AT, Nordic and telemark skis, snowshoes, mountaineering boots, crampons, and avalanche safety equipment.
- High attention to detail and the ability to perform precision-demanding technical work in an environment that, at times, has distractions or interruptions.
- Solid familiarity with the ski and snow sports equipment on the market, with a specific focus on backcountry gear.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends; must be reliable and punctual.
- Friendly and outgoing, comfortable yet professional in their communication style with customers
- Should be personally active in at least one of the outdoor activities represented at Neptune and passionate about the gear needed for those activities; enjoys learning about gear and the latest technologies.