Classic Cascade Climbs features more than 100 climbing routes across 70-plus peaks--from renowned alpine routes to challenging trad climbs, as well as a handful of sport, ice, and crag options. To determine if it was a “classic” each route was judged on the following criteria: overall quality, popularity, accessibility, style, and historical importance.
- Peak and prominence elevations and type of rock
- Grade, approach, route, descent descriptions
- Detailed photo-based route overlays and topo maps
- Pitch-by-pitch details, estimated time, recommended equipment
- Required permits and other special considerations
- Selected history including first ascents